Saturday, August 13, 2011

True Colors

I saw a quote on twitter that stood out to me "When someone shows you their true colors, don't try to paint another picture". The quote stood out to me because I am guilty of seeing someones flaws, but giving them the benefit of the doubt where most people would give up on them. I try to remain optimistic and look at the positive attributes that people have and I end up being naive about their negative attributes. I think that it is rewarding to be kind to others even if they don't reciprocate your actions. My mom always told me that you can't do anything about the way that people treat you, but you can control how you treat them. I even saw another twitter quote (I love quotes/scriptures) that said the way people treat you is their karma, the way you respond is yours. With that said, I try to be kind, but a lot of times being kind gets me the short end of the stick or at least I feel like that in the moment. I am learning that a lot of people are selfish and it irks me! Growing up as an army brat I had to make new friends all the time and whenever I got comfortable with one group, we were moving along to another city. That life made me appreciate relationships more and it made me a full time friend. Unfortunately, I haven't met many full time friends. My best friend is a full time friend, she reminds me so much of myself. She doesn't mind doing kind things, she is there to lend a helping hand, a listening ear, or just to offer her time. I wish I could carry her around in my suitcase every time we move, which would be hard because she is 6'3. I think about this topic- friends, their true colors, and me ignoring the facts every time I look at my favorites in my phone. A year ago from today my favorites list in my phone (most dialed numbers) would have been different. Things change, people change, and sometimes it happens without notice.


To be continued... I'm tired

No comments:

Post a Comment