Tuesday, August 23, 2011

To remain private or "let it all out"

I decided to start a blog after seeing a friend of mine open up to her readers. I thought about how good it must feel and how good it made me feel when I used to have a blog/journal in high school. It is very therapeutic to write down your feelings, especially since I love to write anyway. I also spend a lot of time lending a listening ear to others when they are having problems, so I hardly get to express myself to others. I initially decided to keep my blog private because I didn't want parents from my job, my supervisors, people who just want to be nosy, and anyone that types my name in a search bar to view my personal thoughts and experiences. I also know that when people read blogs, status updates, tweets etc, they assume some things are about them. I often speak generally because subliminal messages irk me. Even though I know my blog is private, I have still taken precautionary measures and not included my husband's name or my children's names. I sound like an old person concerned about facebook and myspace and people stealing your identity from paying bills online lol. I don't know if I will ever go public, but I am thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment