Me and my husband don't go to the movies often, and when we go we usually wait until the movie has been out for at least a week or two and go to the earlier showings. Today we decided to go see Planet of the Apes, so we prepared by keeping the kids up until it played at 3:05. They both usually nap at 11am everyday, no later than noon and sleep for an hour and a half or longer. We arrived to the movie fifteen minutes prior to the showing so we could get a good seat with enough room for the car seat (which Kayana hasn't been carried around in in forever). During the advertisements for Burger King, local shops, and the theater, Kayana was making noise saying "Ya ya ya" or some type of baby jibberish. This man sitting in the back yelled "SHUT UP THE F-ING BABY"
*PAUSE*
My husband responded by saying "Naw you need to shut your mouth" and the man started to storm out of the theater and I said "The movie didn't even start yet or the previews". He replied by yelling "Do you think "IT" is going to stop when the movie starts". I was flabbergasted and kept saying, did he just call my baby an it?? My husband said let's go, and I grabbed Kayana in her car seat and a few other things and ran out of the theater to find the f bomb throwing man that called my child an it!
We walked outside and saw the disrespectful man at the counter trying to get a refund. I slammed my things down behind him and before I could speak my husband was in his face telling him how he disrespected his wife and children. The man was no longer bold, he was actually mute! After my husband said how disrespectful his actions were, I told him how we kept our children up all day and when the previews started one was getting her bottle and the other was getting her blanket. The person working at the register was amused by everything and just told us how the man seemed to be in a rush when he came out. I don't think he expected a response. I think he was under the impression that he can say whatever comes to mind. I also don't think he was expecting a line backer to be the person that he was being rude too lol! He hurried up and got his receipt and as he was walking out of the door and my husband was trying to calm me down I said, I'm not worried about it because he will get it all back... and he definitely will. After we got our money back as well I carried my 10 month old in her car seat from the theater to the car, which was a pretty long walk. My husband was lagging behind telling me to slow down (that's how much adrenaline I had).
Now I'm back at home and laughing it off. My husband is still upset, but there isn't anything that we can do. Vengeance isn't ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment