Maturity doesn't always come with age and wisdom doesn't always come with years. I just finished watching the Real Housewives of Atlanta and I am disappointed in the way that "adults" act these days, and not just on tv. I don't understand why people spend so much time bickering back and forth with others. Whenever I am facing something in my life whether it's school related, work related, or with my girls, I think about the people with drama in their life all the time and how they must not have time to focus on the real obstacles and issues because they focus so much on drama. One thing I notice that most people that live for drama have in common is they think other people are the issue, when they need to look within because they are constantly surrounded by drama even when they change their environment. Speaking of drama... I am behind on Desperate Housewives 0_0.
I haven't updated in forever, but I was about to update my status with the first line of my blog tonight and decided to write it here instead because I have been slacking. I'm usually not on the computer, but my classes started back... so here I am! I also see my page views going up every time I check my blogger account and a few people messaged me or mentioned liking my blog. Bear with me because I will write a few blogs and take a hiatus lol. I do have some homework tonight so I won't be writing a long or deep blog.
A lot has occurred since my last blog which was probably around Thanksgiving. I am close to completing my degree in Psychology, it's been a long time, but 3 schools, four addresses, a husband, two children, and four jobs later, I am closER. The crazy thing about it is that I no longer want to be a Psychology major. I initially fought with majoring in Education or Psychology and the choice was made for me when I decided to go to a college that didn't have a secondary education major. I would have to declare a major in education and minor in my subject I wanted to teach(or something like that), but I loved the school. I loved everything about it (in my high school senior eyes). I finally decided to be a Psych major and I started applying for internships and I was trying to get a better job working with the mayor. I never started my junior year because I left and moved to Parris Island. I planned on going to USC Beaufort, I paid the application fee and started getting my transcript information and then I got a full time job. Between getting a full time job and knowing that there was a possibility that I wouldn't be in South Carolina to graduate from USC Beaufort, I decided to go to school online. Many of my facebook friends talk about online schooling and I did as well... hardy har har online school is fake school blah blah blah (my words), but something I realized after a few classes is that most of my classmates online have a full time schedule and add their school work in as well. Whether they are getting a degree from the most prestigious University in the world, they are trying to further their education. There are many times that I wish I was a traditional student again, worrying about a last minute paper that I had ample time to do, but I chose to go to the mall instead lol. The reason that I no longer want to be a Psychology major is because I want a portable career and I believe education is more portable at the bachelors level. This March will be 4 years that I have been married and we are at the second duty station and we already know when we are leaving this one and when we are leaving the next one. I have been secretly thinking about researching brick and mortar schools along with houses when we find out where we are moving and getting my degree in education and then we will spend the rest of our life paying off my college tuition lol.
It's been nice blogging, I had no idea that I was going to talk about all of that! Until next time... adios!
No comments:
Post a Comment