Whew! We have reached the end of my families busy holiday schedule! Right after we have Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years we start celebrating my birthday, my daughter's birthday, and our anniversary. Since my 21st birthday when I was laying around having contractions all day, I haven't really felt that my birthday was important. My parents ensured that I celebrated my birthday to the fullest with a party, sleepover, day out, or some sort of celebration every year, so I am happy to spend my birthday planning for my daughter's to give her the same memories. I now have a three year old. I can't believe that I became a mother for the first time 3 years ago, I still remember how excited and nervous I felt. I was especially nervous to take her home and have to do everything without the help of my nurse and the nursery. I started a blog when she was born and will probably transfer those blogs onto here, it's so weird reading them over again because I had first time mother syndrome and now I feel like an "ole pro" lol.
The first holiday was my birthday which is also Valentines Day, there was a potluck at work for me and another co worker who's birthday was in February and we also lost a coworker/friend :(, I took off two hours early and a full day the next day. It rained the whole day that I took off, but we were able to go to an indoor shooting range. I really enjoyed going to the shooting range because it was definitely my husband's niche, I enjoy seeing him that way. On the day of my birthday he decided to take me to work and pick me and the girls up from work and daycare because he was off for his reenlistment leave. When we got home he lit candles on an ice cream cake and gave me a bracelet that I wanted for a while (pandora), a gift card, chocolates, and a card for both holidays. We usually aren't big on gifts and holidays, but I definitely enjoyed the surprise. I went over to my friends house later for our Tuesday night shows (Glee, Dance Moms, and The Game) and her and her family gave me a gift card for a sushi restaurant. It was definitely a good day!
On Sunday, the 19th we were so excited to wake up with my daughter singing and dancing and asking her how old she is. It was almost as if she knew internally that it was her day because she ran around all day lol. We were going to take her to the Rainforest Cafe in Anaheim, but instead we had a small impromptu party for her. My husband called one of our friends that we have known for about 5 years now (that's a big deal in the military world lol) and he came right away and helped him put the trampoline together and I got in contact with a few of our friends and let them know that I wanted to have cake and ice cream for my daughter. They are awesome, everyone that I called showed up bearing gifts even though it was last minute. It is awesome when you can count on people. It means so much to me because I was a military brat and we were all close knit, there wasn't drama, and a lot of people felt like family. For a while I was starting to believe that times and people have really changed because drama overpowered friendship (especially if it involved more than 2 people), but I honestly feel like we have a drama free friendship circle that feels like family.
Fast forward to March 6th, our anniversary ;-). We were all gifted/celebrationed out, so no gifts, we went o Dave & Busters the next day and had a blast. I always reminisce by looking at old pictures or telling old stories about "the beginning" around our anniversary. There are many attainable things in life, but it's not always easy to find that one true love that you can be HAPPY to spend the rest of your life with. I'm happy, in love, and just blessed and I wish true happiness for everyone. Whenever I experience something that warms my heart or makes me happy, I want others to experience it as well, even the things that I haven't experienced. I love to see others happy although I notice that a lot of people have a hard time seeing others happy if they aren't. There is truly enough happiness and enough blessings to go around. Sometimes I notice that I get so happy for people as if I'm a part of their good thing that is happening lol.
"Jealousy is the art of counting someone else's blessings instead of your own"
Don't worry, be happy for yourself and others. Good- eternal blessings come to those with a pure heart.
Again I had no idea what I would blog about, but my newest class is back in session, so I might be spending some procrastination time here! Until the next time I'm procrastinating... Adios!
No comments:
Post a Comment