What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.
Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Are we weak and heavy laden,
cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee;
thou wilt find a solace there.
One of my facebook friends posted these lyrics this morning and it found a place in my spirit. I currently don't have anything that is causing me to worry or stress, but when I'm heavy laden the means of lifting my heavy load are right in this song. There is a saying "If you are going to pray, don't worry and if you are going to worry, don't pray" because the two don't coincide, yet they are often used together. I admit that sometimes I look at my problems and tell God my problems as if He doesn't see the problem as well as the solution. He knows the end of a thing while I'm worried about the beginning. No matter how many times I see the obstacle and keep my eye on it instead of keeping my eyes on Him to lead me through, I still try to "make plans". We all know the saying "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. And if you want to hear him laugh even louder, tell Him how much you know". I laughed at myself when I read "O what needless pain we bear all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer" because it was written for me.
I just want to add that I am very optimistic, although there are times that I view what I'm going through instead of what I'm going to (Hmmm that was a clever little quote lol). I am thankful that optimism is one of my characteristics, although it gets annoying to my friends when they tell me a goal they have in mind or about what they are facing. I get all... You can do it! and If He brought you to it, He will bring you through it! I apologize in advance, it's just a part of me :-)
I needed to hear this song while my family was sick. When my oldest daughter got sick, I was down because I took off work 1 and a half days for my husband's surgery, I took one or two days the week prior for my youngest daughter's viral infection, and I thought I would have to take off for her as well. I wasn't initially down, I got the phone call that she had hand, foot, and mouth and immediately called my husband to pick her up and made her an appointment for the same day. The doctor gave us a note and said she wasn't contagious, she didn't have a fever, she was acting normal so I thought she could return to daycare the next day like the doctors note said. When I got to their daycare the next day, I was pulled to the side and I had to give my note to the director and assistant director, they told me that it was a big outbreak and she wasn't allowed to come back for two days. It took a while for me to process what they told me, so I said okay and drove over to my job with the girls in the car. When I parked the car in front of my job, it all hit me! My husband just returned to work after his surgery, he is getting things together for the next step in his career, and I JUST took four unpaid days off of work and they want me to take two more or have my husband who just returned to work to take off. I started crying... yep! Head on wheel crying, in front of my job. The person with all of their limbs, living, breathing, driving in a car, at their place of employment was crying and down. This is why I have been saying lately that I'm going to focus on what is as opposed to what isn't. Yes, it was an unfortunate situation, but it could have been worst. My husband came right away to pick them up, I only clocked in 10 minutes late. An hour after I'm working, one of my managers comes in and says we have to take all 6 or 7 infants (only one or two mobile), outside so our room can get sanitized because my children came into the room although she doesn't even know why I would do that and it's against policy blah blah blah... The girls didn't touch anything and we only stepped inside, but whatever. I don't know what I would do if I was in their position, I guess its better safe than sorry although I could only think about how ridiculous it was at the time and how she works to tap dance on my nerves.
I spent most of that day looking and acting annoyed. I can't believe I used up countless hours moping and worrying. How many of you know worrying is a waste of time? Turn to your neighbor and say neighbor... lol jk
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carryeverything to God in prayer
I also wanted to include some of Sunday's Best for your viewing pleasure. I will probably do this more often because I spend a lot of time listening to people sing on YouTube. I love a person that can sing for real because I can only hold a note, you know the people that need to sing solo... so low you can't hear them? Enjoy the music and I hope you are enjoying my blog. Feedback is appreciated!
One of my favorite YouTube singers singing What a friend we have in Jesus! He sings all of my old school favorites!
Always in my cd changer! Love her voice & her! (I'm not including their names because I don't want people to search for them and my blog pops up).
One of my fellow Marine wives singing at her choir concert here. The church family that she gained here was just amazing. I can only hope to find the love that her and her husband found in a church family.
I am happy to say that I went to school and played volleyball with her. I am anticipating the release of her cd and not just because we went to school together. I love her sound and her music. And it doesn't hurt to say I know her
No comments:
Post a Comment