Saturday, November 26, 2011

"Santa" bought us a trampoline, but wrote on the card with my mom's handwriting

It's the time that we dreaded! We have to decide if we will tell our children that Santa is real or not! I grew up believing in Santa Claus until the year "Santa" bought us a trampoline, but wrote on the card with my mom's handwriting *blank stare*. All of my peers were trying to figure out if Santa was real or not while my husband grew up where no one believed in Santa Claus.

The Santa Claus controversy is usually from individuals that don't want to give Santa Claus the credit for the gifts they purchased or Christians that believe Santa Claus takes away from the reason for the season. I don't care if my children believe the mailman bought their gifts and there is a way to incorporate Santa into Christmas the same way that all of those cakes, pies, hams, and exchanged gifts are incorporated.

I'm over exaggerating and saying this jokingly because it is something that we have to decide on... and fast. We kept putting our decision off because it wasn't relevant at the time, but yesterday my oldest said... Santa Claus! So apparently they taught her who he is in daycare. I will post an update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment